HCC Employees: What’s New and Changing for 2021
As we move forward together as One Hitachi, we continue to focus on providing you with benefits that support your total well-being, including your physical, mental and emotional health.
You'll see some new and enhanced benefits available to you in 2021, and they continue to provide you with the choice and flexibility you need in today's world.
In 2021, you only have Consumer Driven Health Plans (CDHPs), which work the same way as our current plans, the High Deductible Health Plans (HDHPs) with Health Savings Account (HSA):
- Anthem Silver CDHP (all employees)
- Anthem Bronze CDHP (all employees)
- Kaiser CDHP (employees in Northern and Southern California only)
We are renaming the Anthem plans to reflect “CDHP” in their names, but the benefits will remain the same as your current Anthem HDHPs. The Kaiser CDHP is a new plan option for employees in Northern and Southern California, and it comes with a Health Savings Account, too.
For the Anthem Bronze CDHP, Hitachi Vantara covers 100% of the premium costs. There are no medical paycheck deductions required, whether you cover just yourself or any dependents.
The Anthem Platinum PPO and Kaiser HMO plans will no longer be offered in 2021. The Anthem Gold PPO is not accepting new enrollees for 2021 and will not be offered in 2022.
Health Savings Account (HSA)
If you currently have an HSA, you are no longer required to re-enroll in your HSA each year; your current election will carry over into 2021. In 2021, HSA contribution limits, including those from Hitachi Vantara and your own contributions, will increase to $3,600 if you have employee only coverage and $7,200 if you have family coverage. Hitachi Vantara will continue to make a sizable contribution to your HSA, regardless of the CDHP you choose. We’re also increasing our HSA contribution for those who enroll in the Anthem Silver CDHP: $1,000 for employee only coverage and $2,000 for family coverage. This is more than half of the annual deductible for this plan, and our contributions will now be deposited into your HSA account twice a year, in January and July, so you have access to those funds sooner.
For 2021, Hitachi Vantara continues to offer the Delta Dental Platinum PPO and the Delta Dental Gold PPO. The Delta Dental Platinum PPO plan features enhanced benefits, including three cleanings per year and the addition of adult orthodontia coverage.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
If you have an FSA, the IRS requires you to enroll every year.
The maximum coverage amount for Basic Life and AD&D Insurance is increasing from $650,000 to $1 million. No evidence of insurability (EOI) is required. A flat $50,000 coverage amount is no longer an option. If you currently have this level of coverage, you were automatically moved to the coverage of 2 times your base salary.
Optional Life and AD&D Insurance
There are several changes to Optional Life and AD&D Insurance:
- Starting in 2021, the maximum amount you can choose for Optional Life Insurance is increasing. Elect 1 to 4 times your annual base salary, up to $2 million (guaranteed issue remains at $750,000). View coverage levels and costs.
- If you are currently enrolled in coverage and didn't take action during Open Enrollment, your 2020 election rolled over to 2021. However, if you have coverage at half increments times your salary (for example, 1.5 times, 2.5 times), you were automatically moved up to the next full salary increment level (for example, 2 times, 3 times). EOI is not required but your monthly costs for coverage may change. If you didn't want to be moved into a higher coverage level, you needed to take action during Open Enrollment.
If you elected Optional Life in 2020, you were automatically enrolled in combined Optional Life and AD&D at the same coverage level for 2021. EOI is not required but your monthly costs for coverage may change.
If you elected Optional AD&D only in 2020 and didn't take action during Open Enrollment, your current coverage will not continue in 2021.
If you purchased Dependent Life Insurance in 2020, coverage levels are changing for 2021. If you didn't take action during Open Enrollment for 2021, your coverage was automatically moved to the following levels:
- Current Spouse Life at $70,000 or above will move to $100,000.
- Current Spouse Life at under $70,000 will move to $50,000.
- Current Child Life at $5,000 will move to $10,000.
- Current Child Life at $10,000 will remain at $10,000.
- Current Child Life at $15,000 or above will move to $20,000.
Short-Term Disability Coverage
All eligible employees outside of California will be automatically enrolled in our Short-Term Disability plan, even if you previously waived STD coverage. If you wanted to waive this coverage, you needed to take action during Open Enrollment. Short-term disability coverage remains mandatory for our California employees, in compliance with state law.
WageWorks is replacing Discovery Benefits as the program administrator for the commuter benefits program.
To support your total well-being, you will continue to have a number of the same valuable benefits as you do now, plus some new and exciting benefits. These include:
- Applied behavior analysis (ABA) support
- Hinge Health
Student Loan Program
Ion Tuition will replace SoFi as your student loan benefit program. If you have an account with SoFi, you may also maintain this account without any interruption.