What You Need to Know
You have 31 days from your hire date to enroll in benefits.
Enrolling in Hitachi Vantara Benefits
It’s important take some time to review your needs and the needs of your family so you can make the best choice.
Once you receive your instructional email from the Hitachi Benefit Pool (it usually arrives a few days after you start work), you can begin the enrollment process.
If You Miss New Hire Enrollment
Don’t delay enrolling! If you don’t actively enroll in benefits within 31 days of your start date, you’ll be automatically enrolled in the following company-sponsored benefits:
- Basic Life insurance
- Basic AD&D insurance
- Long Term Disability
- Business Travel Accident Insurance
- Plus, any state-mandated benefits
Your next chance to enroll will be during Open Enrollment, typically held in the fall, unless you have a qualifying life event.
How to Enroll
Log in to the Hitachi Benefit Pool website. Enter “hitachi” (lowercase) as the company key if prompted. You can also call the Hitachi Benefit Pool Service Center at 1-844-318-3274 to make your elections with a representative.
- Select your medical, dental and vision coverage. All employees enrolled in the Anthem or Kaiser CDHP will have a Health Savings Account (HSA) with HSA Bank.
- Enroll in a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) — Health Care, Limited Purpose and/or Dependent Care. Keep in mind that if you enroll in a medical plan with a Health Savings Account, you cannot have a Health Care FSA but you can enroll in a Limited Purpose Health Care FSA for dental and vision expenses.
- Add dependents and beneficiaries. Check dependent eligibility requirements. Also, you will need to add your dependents’ Social Security numbers for any covered dependents over the age of 1. Beneficiary designations for your 401k and Deferred Compensation plans must be done through Fidelity.
- Enroll in the 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan. The plan administrator, Fidelity, will send you details separately on how to do so. You can also visit Fidelity NetBenefits or call 1-800-835-5098.
Reminder! Documentation is required for dependents. If you add a dependent (eligible child or spouse) during Open Enrollment (or after a life event), you’ll need to provide documentation, such as a marriage license or birth or adoption certificate, when you complete your elections. Note that for Open Enrollment, any documentation submitted after the last day of Open Enrollment may result in delays to your coverage and ID cards.
Remember to add emergency contacts, too. You can do this via HiNext.
Changing Your Benefits
There are certain times during the year when you can enroll in and/or change your benefits.
During Open Enrollment
This is your once-a-year opportunity — unless you have a qualifying life event — to review your current benefits, see if they still fit your needs and make any changes.
After a Qualifying Life Event
Outside of Open Enrollment, you can change your benefits if you have a qualifying life event. Make benefits changes within 31 days if you:
- Marry, divorce, legally separate or change a domestic partner relationship.
- Give birth, adopt or change legal custody for a child.
- Lose coverage because your spouse/domestic partner dies.
- Lose or gain coverage because you or your spouse/domestic partner changes employment status.
- Lose or gain coverage because you or your spouse/domestic partner changes jobs.
- Lose or gain coverage because the Open Enrollment window for your spouse/domestic partner is different than Hitachi Vantara’s enrollment.