What You Need to Know
If you’re a full-time active employee who works 20 hours or more per week, you’re eligible for benefits starting on your first day. You may also enroll your eligible dependents in our benefits.
Documentation is required for dependents. If you add a dependent (eligible child or spouse) during your new hire enrollment period, Open Enrollment or after a life event, you’ll need to provide documentation, such as a marriage license or birth or adoption certificate, when you complete your elections.
- Your spouse or qualified domestic partner
- Your children up to age 26, regardless of student or marital status, including adopted children and children of your domestic partner. (For HSA contribution purposes, your child must be a tax dependent and under age 24.)
- Any dependent child who is incapable of self-support due to a mental or physical disability
Domestic Partner Eligibility
- You and your domestic partner must have the same principal home for the entire calendar year.
- Your domestic partner is a member of your household for the entire calendar year, in a relationship that doesn’t violate local law.
- You provide more than half of your domestic partner’s total support during the calendar year.
- Your domestic partner is not your (or anyone else’s) “qualifying child” under Code §152 (c).
- Your domestic partner is a U.S. citizen, U.S. national or legal resident of the United States, Canada or Mexico.
You must complete a Certification of Federal Tax Dependent Status to confirm that your domestic partner qualifies as your federal tax dependent for health coverage.
Make sure you complete the Certification of Federal Tax Dependent Status form during Open Enrollment each year! Otherwise, Hitachi Vantara will assume your domestic partner is no longer a tax dependent.