Adopting a child is an exciting event! Hitachi Vantara offers financial support as you expand your family by reimbursing up to $5,000 of eligible adoption expenses for each child you adopt. This benefit is available to all full-time U.S. employees.
What You Can Be Reimbursed For
Eligible expenses include:
- Legal fees,
- Court fees,
- Adoption agency fees, including foreign adoption fees,
- Temporary foster care expenses,
- Reasonable travel expenses (transportation, meals and lodging) while traveling away from home for the sole purpose of arranging for an adoption or to bring the child to the adopting parents, and
- Medical examination fees for the child, if required for adoption.
The following expenses are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Medical examination fees for the adopting parents,
- Cost of personal items such as clothing, food, etc., for either the parents or the child,
- Pregnancy expenses for the birth mother, and
- Any adoption expenses incurred prior to the employee becoming a full-time Hitachi Vantara employee.
Submitting Your Claim
You must submit your claim within 12 months of the final adoption date. Complete the Adoption Assistance Form, and email it and copies of all receipts for reimbursable expenses to AskHR. At that time, you must also submit documentation stating your child’s placement date in your home. This is typically a copy of a notarized certified placement agreement.
Once approved, the reimbursement will appear on your paycheck in 1–2 payroll cycles.
If the request is denied, in whole or in part, you’ll receive written notification of the reason for denial. This notification will be within 4 weeks of when you submitted the Adoption Assistance Form.