What You Need to Know
Caring for your family is your top priority, and we have benefits to help you do just that.
Bright Horizons Back-up Care and Family Support
When your typical child care or adult care arrangement falls through, don’t panic! Hitachi Vantara offers a back-up care program through Bright Horizons to keep you productive and give you peace of mind. You also have a wide range of programs and services to help you manage your family’s needs and interests, from education and homework help, to support parenting children with special needs.
Stress less with back-up care options through Bright Horizons child care centers and in-home providers. Register today!
Log in to Bright Horizons with the user name: HitachiVantaraBackup and password: Hitachi.
Worried about what you’ll do when school schedules flip-flop or caregivers cancel? Hitachi Vantara offers a back-up care program through Bright Horizons to keep you productive and give you peace of mind. Reserve back-up care at a nearby center with industry-leading COVID-19 protocols. Or, find in-home care for your child or adult or elder loved one, with providers who must comply with specific health and safety guidelines.
With Bright Horizons, you have access to a national network of quality, licensed child care centers across the country, as well as trained, licensed professionals to provide in-home back-up care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Get quality care for your loved ones during:
- Emergencies—If your regular child/elder care provider is suddenly unavailable.
- School holidays—When school is closed due to a holiday or teacher conferences.
- Sick child care*—When your child is mildly ill and unable to attend school.
- Maternity transition—When new mothers and fathers are finalizing permanent care arrangements while transitioning back to work.
- Changes in work schedules—When you’re needed in the office on a day you normally work from home.
- Relocation or Work Travel —Temporary care when you’re in the midst of moving or traveling for work.
- Self-Care – When you need an extra hand while recovering at home post-surgery or recuperating from a C-section.
* These programs are currently suspended following COVID-19 Policies. For up-to-date information on back-up care and COVID-19, please visit https://www.brighthorizons.com/covid19.
You can use the back-up care services seven times per family member per year. Each visit costs:
- $15 per child for center-based care ($25 maximum per family per visit).
- $6 per hour for in-home care.
You can begin making reservations for care once you’ve registered with Bright Horizons. Reservations are available 30 days in advance up until the day that you need care. For your convenience, the call center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week if you’d like to talk with a back-up care consultant. When you arrange for care, you’ll receive a tip sheet and more information for how to prepare the caregiver to take care of your loved ones.
Crisis-care reimbursement (up to $100 per day) is available for care provided through your own personal network (a relative, neighbor, friend or babysitter). Through your Bright Horizons account, just select Request Reimbursement on the home screen of the back-up care site. You can also visit the Bright Horizons site for more information about how to submit a Crisis Care reservation request.
Primary Child Care and Extra Family Support
With Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports™, you have waitlist priority at Bright Horizons centers nationwide or exclusive discounts at our network partner centers. Need even more support? Get free access ($150 value) to Sittercity’s database of sitters, virtual sitting, pet care, and housekeepers. Or, find a trained, screened nanny through a personalized, discounted local placement service ($300 discount on placement fee and 10% off hourly rates).
Education and Homework Help
As the unusual academic year continues, make sure your child has the support they need. Access new exclusive discounts on tutoring, test prep, and enrichment courses from high-quality partners as well as virtual and in-home learning pods from Sittercity with your Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports™ benefit. Specific education discounts include:
- Varsity Tutors – 20% off hourly rates for private or small group academic support and individual classes and 20% off academic and enrichment packages.
- Revolution Prep – 20% off hourly rates for private or small group academic support and 33% off and first month free for Revolution Math and 20% off private test prep.
- MarcoPolo Learning – 20% off monthly memberships and 65% off annual memberships on this learning app for preschoolers.
Bright Horizons is now delivering the curriculum from its classrooms right to your home. With World at Home, you get just-right learning for every age:
- Infants: Great ways to enjoy first discoveries
- Toddler: Ideas for the I-want-to-do-it-myself stage
- Preschool/Pre-K: Just-right art, nature and more
- School Age: Confidence-building activities to show kids just how far they can go
Support for Special Needs and Parenting All Ages
Imagine your child being able to bring his or her whole self to school and knowing they are receiving support, overcoming challenges, and reaching critical milestones. Your free Bright Horizons Special Needs™ benefit can help you make that vision a reality. Get the tools you need for navigating all phases of the special education journey, from diagnosis through IEPs, 504 plans, and transition to adulthood, including:
- An interactive website that will help you better understand, advocate for, and support your child
- Personalized guidance from an advisor who is matched with your family to address your child’s unique needs
- Expert webinars covering a range of social, learning, attention, and developmental challenges – a great resource for all parents. The 2021 Bright Horizons Webinar schedule is:
- Education Survival Kit for Parents – February 10, May 12, August 31 and November 9
- Teen Stress – March 16
- Understanding Neurodiversity & Celebrating Your Child with Autism – April 13
- Early Intervention for Infants and Toddlers – May 26
- Screen Time: Emerging Topics & Best Practices - June 2
- Teaching Kids to Navigate Difficult Conversations - July 11
- Finding and Keeping Friends: Strategies to Support Your Child – September 21
- Time Management for Children with Executive Function Challenges – October 27
- When You Disagree with the Public School – December 8
Visit https://clients.brighthorizons.com/hitachi to learn more about this benefit and register for the upcoming webinars.
Help With Elder Care
Bright Horizons Elder Care can help you navigate all the phases of your caregiving journey, including:
- Unlimited access to an online platform to help you plan and coordinate care.
- Support and personalized guidance from an experienced Care Coach.
- Onsite care assessments to determine what your loved ones need.
- Specialized referrals to local providers.
- Access to legal and financial assistance, including unlimited one-hour financial consultations via phone and discounted legal services.
Need backup? If you need help caring for your elderly loved one — whether for an emergency or your regular care is not available — Bright Horizons Back-Up Care™️ gives you access to last-minute (or planned) temporary, in-home caregivers. You can use it anytime you need an extra hand. Read the Elder Care FAQ to learn more.
Caregiving With a Personal Touch
Caregiving can be overwhelming and lonely. Regardless of where you are in your caregiving journey, help is a call or a click away. Bright Horizons offers personalized, dedicated support from a Care Coach who is an expert in the field of elder care. Your Care Coach can help facilitate family conversations, share timely resources and offer support through phone consultations or family conference calls.
You are in the driver’s seat, so you can choose when to engage a Care Coach. Once you do, you’ll be assigned a Care Coach who will be paired with you throughout your entire caregiving journey (unless you have a reason to switch coaches).
You can also request an onsite assessment. Your Care Coach can identify a local Aging Life Care Professional (ALCP) and schedule a visit. The onsite assessment would include interviews and a review of the living space. Your ALCP will then work with your Care Coach to create a detailed care plan, including living arrangements.
Connect Through CareGeneral
You have 24/7 access to CareGeneral, an online platform where you can plan, communicate and coordinate care tasks for your caregiving team. You can also create a detailed caregiving schedule, send alerts to other caregivers, post updates and exchange messages with members of your caregiving team.
Back-up Care and Family Support
User name: HitachiVantaraBackup