What You Need to Know
When you need someone to talk to, free help is just a call or click away. The Employee Assistance Program (EAP) offers confidential support, resources, and information at no charge to you for help with managing personal, work-life, or family issues. All employees and your household family members can access this service through ComPsych.
How the Program Works
The EAP is available free of charge—24 hours a day, 7 days a week—whenever you or your family members are facing emotional, financial, legal, or other concerns. Contact the EAP to take advantage of these special features:
- Unlimited short-term confidential counseling sessions, in person or by phone, for concerns such as marital, relationship and family problems; stress, anxiety and depression; grief and loss, job pressures and substance abuse.
- Work-life solutions, including resources and referrals for child and elder care, moving, pet care, college planning, home repair, buying a car, planning an event, selling a house, and more.
- Legal support from on-staff, licensed attorneys to speak about legal concerns such as divorce, custody, adoption, real estate, debt and bankruptcy, landlord/tenant issues, civil and criminal actions and more. If you require representation, you can be referred to a qualified attorney for a free 30-minute consultation and a 25 percent reduction in customary legal fees.
- Answers to financial questions, including budgeting, debt management, tax issues and other money concerns from on-staff CPAs, Certified Financial Planners®, and other financial experts.
- GuidanceResources® Online provides timely, expert information on thousands of topics, including relationships, work, school, children, wellness, legal, financial, and free time. You can search for qualified child and elder care, attorneys, and financial planners, as well as ask questions, take self-assessments and more.
When you call, you will speak with a GuidanceConsultantSM, a master’s- or PhD-level counselor who will collect some general information about you and will talk with you about your needs. The GuidanceConsultant will provide the name of a counselor who can assist you. You can then set up an appointment to speak with the counselor over the phone or schedule a face-to-face visit.
The EAP provides free short-term counseling with counselors in your area who can help you with your emotional concerns. If the counselor determines that your issues can be resolved with short-term counseling, you will receive counseling through the EAP. However, if it is determined that the problem cannot be resolved in short-term counseling in the EAP and you will need longer-term treatment, you will be referred to a specialist early on, and your insurance coverage will be activated.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
TRS: Dial 711
Web ID: Hitachi