What You Need to Know
Caring for your family is your top priority, and we have benefits to help you do just that.
Bright Horizons Back-up Care and Family Support
When your typical arrangement to care for your child, elder or pet falls through, don’t panic! Hitachi Vantara offers a back-up care program through Bright Horizons to keep you productive and give you peace of mind. You also have a wide range of programs and services to help you manage your family’s needs and interests, from education and homework help, to support parenting children with special needs.
Stress less with caregiving, academic and family supports for you, your loved ones and your pets. Get started by logging in to My Bright Horizons.
Worried about what you’ll do when school schedules flip-flop or caregivers cancel? Hitachi Vantara offers a back-up care program through Bright Horizons to keep you productive and give you peace of mind. Reserve back-up care at a nearby center. Or, find in-home care for your child or adult or elder loved one, with providers who must comply with specific health and safety guidelines.
With Bright Horizons, you have access to a national network of quality, licensed child care centers across the country, as well as trained, licensed professionals to provide in-home back-up care 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Get quality care for your loved ones during:
- Emergencies—If your regular child/elder care provider is suddenly unavailable.
- School holidays—When school is closed due to a holiday or teacher conferences.
- Mildly ill child care—When your child is mildly ill and unable to attend school.
- Maternity transition—When new mothers and fathers are finalizing permanent care arrangements while transitioning back to work.
- Changes in work schedules—When you’re needed in the office on a day you normally work from home.
- Relocation or Work Travel —Temporary care when you’re in the midst of moving or traveling for work.
- Self-Care – When you need an extra hand while recovering at home post-surgery or recuperating from a C-section.
You can use the back-up care services seven times per family member per year. Each visit costs:
- $15 per child for center-based care ($25 maximum per family per visit).
- $6 per hour for in-home care.
You can begin making reservations for care once you’ve registered with Bright Horizons. Reservations are available 60 days in advance. For your convenience, the call center is open 24 hours a day, seven days a week if you’d like to talk with a back-up care consultant. You must cancel by 5 p.m. local time at least two business days before the date of care. If care is cancelled after this time, you will be charged the use against your annual limit, and any applicable copayment will be collected.
Primary Child Care and Extra Family Support
With Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports, you have waitlist priority at Bright Horizons centers nationwide or exclusive discounts at our network partner centers. Need even more support? Get free access ($150 value) to Sittercity’s database of sitters, virtual sitting, pet care, and housekeepers. Or find a trained, screened nanny through a personalized, discounted local placement service ($300 or 30% discount on the placement fee, whichever is greater, for the nanny you select).
Education and Homework Help
Ongoing Academic Support Discounts
As the unusual academic year continues, make sure your child has the support they need. Access new exclusive discounts on tutoring, test prep and enrichment courses from high-quality partners, as well as virtual and in-home learning pods from Sittercity with your Bright Horizons Enhanced Family Supports benefit. Specific education discounts include:
- Varsity Tutors – 20% off hourly rates for private or small group academic support and individual classes, and 20% off academic and enrichment packages.
- Revolution Prep – 20% off hourly rates for private or small group academic support, and 33% off and first month free for Revolution Math, and 20% off private test prep.
- MarcoPolo Learning – 20% off monthly memberships, and 65% off annual memberships on this learning app for preschoolers.
Tutoring Through Back-Up Care
Staying on top of your child’s schoolwork – and your own – can be a challenge. Book professional tutoring in all subjects for great report cards and easier assignments. Available for all learners ages 5 and older (including you and your college student) through your back-up care benefit.
Exchange one Back-Up Care use for four hours of tutoring through Sylvan Learning or Varsity Tutors. Tutoring hours must be used within 90 days of the date you exchanged your Back-Up Care use.
Bright Horizons Resource Library
Access the Bright Horizons Resource Library to discover content to support your caregiving or well-being journey. Find podcasts, blog posts, webinars, e-books and videos on a wide variety of topics, including, but not limited to, parenting, career growth and employee benefits.
Help with Elder Care
Caring for Your Elder Loved Ones Just Got Easier
Whether you need a professional opinion on a parent’s care needs, short-term care for an elder, or guidance throughout the caregiving journey, your Bright Horizons benefits can help. Access your benefits to:
- Manage your caregiving tasks through Bright Horizons Elder Care.
- Work with an experienced Care Coach to get answers to caregiving questions, onsite assessments of your elder’s living arrangements, and referrals to local service providers.
- Centralize information and coordinate schedules with your care planning platform.
- Keep everyone in sync with your elder’s appointments and needs, by communicating with your Coach and family through the convenient mobile app.
- Read the Elder Care FAQ to learn more.
- Reserve an in-home caregiver through Bright Horizons Back-Up Care.
Need help with your furry, four-legged family members? There’s no need to stress! If your usual pet sitter or walker isn’t available, rely on Rover Pet Care, now included with your Bright Horizons benefits. Turn to Rover to find:
- Walkers, sitters, or overnight boarding.
- Connections to local caregivers.
- Easy booking options for cats and dogs.
Your Rover Pet Care benefit works in conjunction with your Bright Horizons back-up care benefit. When you need to engage Rover, simply exchange back-up child care credits for pet care vouchers. One back-up child care credit is equivalent to a $150 Rover voucher.
Watch this video to learn more.
To begin using Rover Pet Care, you must first visit Bright Horizons to register. It’s a good idea to complete your registration before you need care, so Rover will be ready when you are.
Back-up Care and Family Support
Back-Up Care Support: 1-877-BH-CARES (1-877-242-2737)
Elder Care Support: 1-833-BH-ELDER (1-833-243-5337)