Be a life-long learner! Hitachi Vantara offers financial assistance to continue your education. We also offer an annual college scholarship program to help children in Hitachi Vantara families pursue higher learning.
Don’t let your student loans drag down your financial goals. With SoFi Student Loan Refinancing, you can refinance your federal and/or private student debt at low variable and fixed interest rates. Plus, save 0.25% on interest when you set up auto monthly payments from your bank.
Apply now at SoFi.com/HitachiVantara and receive a $300 welcome bonus!
Why Consider Consolidating?
In three words: one monthly payment. And depending on the size of your student loans, you could save thousands by shortening your term and lowering the interest rate on your loans. Choose from five- to 20-year terms and fixed or variable rates. No application fees, origination fees or prepayment penalties, too!
SoFi is a leading student loan refinancer with $18 billion in refinanced student loans, 250,000-plus members who’ve refinanced and accolades from a huge majority of them (98% would recommend SoFi to their friends!).
Plus, as a SoFi member, you have access to additional resources, including career coaching, financial advice and education, tools and guides, calculators and more, all at no cost to you.
Professional Development allows you to get reimbursed up to $2,000 per year for costs related to advancing your career—including certification courses, individual classes, seminars and conferences. Manager approval is required prior to attendance/participation, and is subject to budget approval. Once you receive approval and complete the course, submit the expense through Oracle iExpense and put “professional development” as the purpose.
Educational Assistance reimburses tuition expenses up to $6,000 each year, if you’re attending an accredited college or university.
To be eligible for tuition reimbursement, you must:
- Be an employee of Hitachi Vantara for at least six months. Refer to the Educational Assistance Policy for more details.
- Complete an application form before enrolling in a course and/or degree program. Once this is completed, an approval request will be sent to both your manager and VP.
- Pursue a degree and/or coursework in a field relevant to your job at Hitachi Vantara.
- Attend classes regularly and receive a passing grade. Reimbursements will be processed as follows:
- Undergraduate: A, B, and C are reimbursed at 100%.
- Graduate: A and B are reimbursed at 100%; C is reimbursed at 75%.
Individual courses within the degree program may be reimbursable even if they are not job-related, as long as they are required to earn the degree.
Included with your Guardian dental coverage is a college tuition benefit.
Those employees enrolled in a Guardian dental plan earn $2,000 in annual Tuition Rewards®, and a bonus in year 4. One Tuition Reward point = $1 in tuition reduction, so the points can really add up to big savings!
Tuition Rewards can be used at over 340 institutions, with 80% ranked among "America's Best" by US News and World Report in 2016.
Employees can share the benefit with eligible relatives, including children, grandchildren, nieces, nephews, step-children and god children, subject to certain restrictions.
Here’s to U! Hitachi Vantara is proud to sponsor an annual Hitachi Vantara Scholarship Program for college-bound kids in Hitachi Vantara families. It’s our way of thanking employees for helping Hitachi Vantara prosper, and rewarding their children for hard work and commitment to education.
Every year, Hitachi Vantara awards five scholarships to students in bachelor’s degree programs. The awards range from $500 to $5,000 per student, per year, for up to four years.
Scholarship amounts are determined by the tuition and fees—including the cost of books—at the student’s school. Scholarship funds are paid directly to the college/university, so students can focus on class.
Students that get four-year scholarships may enroll in a two-year community college, then apply the remainder of their scholarship toward two more years at a four-year school.
Scholarships will be renewed for full-time students, so long as they stay in good academic standing according to school requirements.
To be eligible to apply, students must:
- Have at least one eligible parent (see below).
- Be a high-school senior planning to attend an accredited U.S. or Canadian college or university (for four-year scholarships), or be a first-, second- or third-year student at a four-year college/university (for scholarship grants that apply toward the remainder of their education).
For their child to be eligible, at least one parent must be:
- A full-time U.S. or Canadian employee of Hitachi Vantara on the first day their child begins college classes;
- Totally disabled or have died while working for Hitachi Vantara; or
- A retired Hitachi Vantara employee, as defined by the Retirement and Savings Program.
International Scholarship and Tuition Services, Inc. (ISTS) administers the entire Hitachi Vantara Scholarship Program. They process all applications, then select and notify all award winners.
A scholarship selection committee appointed by the College Scholarship Service will review and rate the applicants based on academic merit, not financial need. The committee will consider:
- High-school grades and class rank
- SAT and/or ACT scores (required only for U.S. scholarship applicants who are seniors in high school or freshmen in college)
- Participation in extracurricular activities and community involvement
- Special awards or achievements
- Recommendations from a teacher or member of the community who is familiar with the student’s academic performance and community involvement
No Hitachi Vantara employees will be involved in the review or selection process. All decisions by the scholarship selection committee are final.
To be considered, students must:
- Apply online by January 16. Program Key Code: Hitachi
- Take the SAT or ACT by the end of December and upload their scores to ISTS by January 16.
Award winners will be notified by ISTS, and then announced in late spring in the Hitachi Vantara Signal Weekly; scholarships will apply to the school year beginning the following fall.