What You Need to Know
When it comes to growing your family, Hitachi Vantara’s benefits are there to support you — whether you’re adding to your family through adoption or fertility treatments, or raising children with learning or behavior challenges, or developmental disabilities.
Adopting a child is an exciting event! Hitachi Vantara supports this big moment by reimbursing up to $5,000 of eligible adoption expenses for each child you adopt. This benefit is available to all full-time U.S. employees.
Eligible expenses include:
- Legal fees
- Court fees
- Adoption agency fees, including foreign adoption fees
- Temporary foster care expenses
- Reasonable travel expenses (transportation, meals and lodging) while traveling away from home for the sole purpose of arranging for an adoption or to bring the child to the adopting parents
- Medical examination fees for the child, if required for adoption
The following expenses are not eligible for reimbursement:
- Medical examination fees for the adopting parents
- Cost of personal items such as clothing, food, etc., for either the parents or the child
- Pregnancy expenses for the birth mother
- Any adoption expenses incurred prior to the employee becoming a full-time Hitachi Vantara employee
Submit a Claim
You must submit your claim within 12 months of the final adoption date. Complete the Adoption Assistance Form, and email it and copies of all receipts for reimbursable expenses to AskNow. You must also submit documentation stating your child’s placement date in your home, such as typically a copy of a notarized certified placement agreement.
Once approved, the reimbursement will appear on your paycheck in one to two payroll cycles.
If the request is denied, in whole or in part, you’ll receive written notification of the reason for denial within four weeks of when you submitted the Adoption Assistance Form.
FertilityIQ Family Planning
Grow your family with the help of FertilityIQ, a leading online fertility platform that offers support for those hoping to build their family. Find online courses and guides on every fertility subject, insights from fertility experts, reviews of fertility doctors and clinics, and action plans to discuss with your doctor.
FertilityIQ is invaluable for anyone hoping to conceive naturally, with the help of treatment, fostering or adopting, and offers dedicated resources for egg freezers, LGBTQ+ families, single parents and many more.
Plus, you can find care and make informed decisions for your family planning. Access courses and lessons taught by experts from Harvard, Stanford, Yale, Johns Hopkins and more. You also have extensive access to verified patient reviews of every fertility doctor and clinic in the US.
Activate your FertilityIQ benefits at any time.
Visit the FertilityIQ and use confirmation code: HBP2024.
Rethink’s Parental Support
Rethink Benefits is an award-winning, research-based program that provides extra support if you’re raising a child with learning or behavioral challenges or developmental disabilities. This free benefit gives your family 24/7 access to tools and resources to help you and your care team understand, teach and better communicate with your child.
You can take advantage of teleconferences with behavioral health experts to get answers to your questions, and guidance as you support your child in reaching his or her potential. Consultations can take place over the phone or via video chat—day or night, weekday or weekend. Common topics include:
- Teaching new skills.
- Addressing problem behaviors at home.
- Troubleshooting lack of progress.
- Collaborating with schools and other providers.
- Coping with the stress of a new diagnosis or ongoing daily struggles at home.
- Getting the most out of the Rethink platform.
Rethink also provides parents with a variety of resources, training and support in a simple, web-based format. You’ll have access to printable materials such as flashcards, worksheets, schedule templates and token boards. You can also watch hundreds of easy-to-follow videos from an expansive library, showing how behavioral health experts teach children skills supporting language, socialization, self-help, academics, vocational training and more.