Every May, people across the United States unite to observe Mental Health Awareness Month. This special observance is geared toward promoting understanding of mental health and well-being and reducing the stigma surrounding mental illness and its treatment.
Given the many stresses and challenges of modern life, it’s important to prioritize your mental health. Mental Health Awareness Month is the perfect opportunity to pause and reflect about emotional well-being for you and your loved ones. If you or a member of your family is struggling, help is just a call or click away. Visit our page on Connect for workshops, webinars, and more!
Help When You Need It
As an employee of Hitachi Vantara, you have access to an Employee Assistance Program (EAP), offered through ComPsych. This program is designed to provide you and your household family members with resources and support to help manage a variety of concerns, including stress, anxiety, depression, relationship issues, financial difficulties, and more. You can access the EAP free of charge, 24/7, every day of the year.
You are encouraged to take advantage of all the features the EAP has to offer, including:
- Short-term confidential counseling sessions, in person or by phone.
- Work-life solutions, including resources and referrals for child and elder care and more.
- Legal support from on-staff, licensed attorneys to speak about legal concerns. If you require representation, you can be referred to a qualified attorney for a free 30-minute consultation and a 25% reduction in customary legal fees.
- Answers to financial questions from on-staff CPAs, Certified Financial PlannersTM, and other financial experts.
- Timely, expert information on thousands of topics, provided by GuidanceResources® Online. You can search for qualified child and elder care, attorneys, and financial planners, as well as ask questions, take self-assessments and more.
When you call, a GuidanceConsultant℠ will speak with you about your situation to determine your needs. You’ll get the name of a counselor to contact for an in-person or remote visit. You can have five visits, per concern, with your counselor. However, if your counselor finds that you need additional help, they can refer you to a specialist.
Steps You Can Take to Prioritize Mental Health
In addition to using the EAP, here are a few ideas for taking care of yourself – and those around you – all year-round:
- When you need a break, step away from your desk, take a walk, meet a friend for coffee, or indulge in your favorite self-care activity.
- Consider mindfulness meditation to relax, re-center, and turn down your stress level.
- Connect with friends and family. Even a quick text or phone call can make your day.
- Focus on what’s going well, and share your gratitude with others.
You Are Not Alone
Remember that taking care of your mental health is just as important as taking care of your physical health, so reach out for support if you are struggling.
Need more information? Go to benefits.hitachivantara.com for details about the ComPsych EAP, as well as all the other benefits available to you as a Hitachi Vantara employee. You can also visit the ComPsych website (use Web ID Hitachi to log in) or give them a call at 1-877-492-6276 to speak with a GuidanceConsultant.